Our DIY website guide starts here – today we’re going to add our business to Google local.
1. Go to www.google.com/business
2. Click Get on Google
3. Sign in.
4. Use the box to search for your business. If you business isn’t listed you’ll want to list it. If your business is listed you’ll want to ‘claim’ it.
5. Google verifies businesses by sending them a postcard – this postcard will have a code on it, when you get the postcard, enter the code and you’re finished.
You can watch a video here.
This should link up your local business page and Google plus. For your plus page you’ll want to take some time today and flesh it out a bit. Add some pictures, add the hours you’re open and other information.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you’ve been following our series – here are the things you want to make sure you’re doing.
- Post to your blog at least three or four times a week. We talked about creating a well SEO’d blog post here. Don’t have time to write? Learn how to hire blog writers.
- After you write / publish your post, make sure that you share the post on all of your social media accounts. From now on every piece of content you produce, make sure that you share it. Post something every day on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus).
- Every week (pick a day) we do it on Sunday, check your stats. You should be improving at least a little bit every week.
- Congratulations! You now have the ‘basics’ completed for your website. Do a happy dance and then get back to work.
- Next we want to create something that we’ll give away. Our goal is to entice someone to sign up to our newsletter. Be thinking about questions that your current customers ask you all the time. We’ve talked about this before when we did some keyword research.