Building Your Local Website
- Keyword research.
- Make sure you have a Google Account – https://accounts.google.com/signup
- Create an Adwords account – don’t worry you won’t have to fund it, make sure the campaign is paused.
- Go to the Google Keyword planner – https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner (you may have to sign in).
- Follow the instructions in the video. Make sure there is at least some traffic / some competition for the keyword you’re choosing. If there is no competition – it could be because there is no sales.
- Purchase your Domain name.
- Go to nameboy.com. Make sure that your domain name is available. If not, go back to research to find some different keywords.
- Go to godaddy.com to purchase the domain name. You don’t want anything besides the domain for now… and they will try and sell you everything except for the kitchen sink.
- Purchase hosting – check out the video first.
- If your following along with us – Log into Godaddy – godaddy.com .
- Find where you change the DNS.
- Purchase hosting (if you haven’t yet) – the host we use is http://www.bluehost.com/track/blitzpromo/
- Find out the DNS numbers you’re going to input in Godaddy. If you use Bluehost they are currently –
- Wait a half hour or so. Check to see if your domain is live.
- Install WordPress
- Watch the video.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Next time we’ll talk about adding a website template and setting up some essential plugins that will make things easier for you.