Creating Social Media accounts for your Small Business – Facebook
We all use it, or most of us do every day. Adding social media to your website gives you the opportunity to engage with your customers and find new ones. We’ll be working on creating accounts and adding them to our website. We’ll be working on the following social media tools (what I like to call them): Facebook, Youtube, Google Plus, and Twitter. After we create the business accounts we’ll work on integrating them with our WP site. The really awesome thing is that we can link all of those together, very important tactic with SEO – we’ll get into marketing our blog in a bit.
If you’ve missed any of our previous lessons, you can check them out here.
Setup your Newsletter
Newsletters are a great way to remind people that you exist, when they give you their email address – using a form, you then have permission to email them. Aweber is a tool we’ve been using for years and we’re pleased with it.
This page – https://blog.aweber.com/videos has a ton of information about adding Aweber to your site and even to Facebook.
If you want the goal guide – 60+ pages and worksheets on how to set and achieve goals, sign up for our newsletter (big box on the right) and the first message (after confirming your subscription) you’ll receive the document.
Watch the Video
Setting up Facebook
- Open up your personal Facebook page on the internet.
- Click pages.
- Click create a page.
- Fill out your information – this will be the information you use EVERYWHERE so make sure that it is correct. Again make sure your information is correct and you use it for every other social media page that you sign up with.
- Click Get started.
- Add your category. Think about your business. If you told them what you did in a couple of sentences, add that to the About box. Think about the problems that you solve, that is what you want to put.
- Add your website.
- Add the address for your page. Use your business name, if you have a storefront.
- You are a real business – click that circle.
- Click Save Info
- Add your profile picture.
- Add your page to your favorites (it will make it easier for your to access).
- Add the people you want your page to reach – although they’ll reach other folks as well.
- Click Save when you’re finished.
- Save your url on the notepad you’ve been using for notes.
Tips for getting some followers to your Facebook page.
The first ten followers are the hardest. After that things seem to come a bit easier.
Announce your new Facebook page on your friends list. Invite them to pay a visit and like it. You might get your first ten by doing just this. Remember that Facebook doesn’t show posts to everyone that you’re a friend with, in fact they show it to only a small portion of the people. If you don’t get the 10, think about your really good friends that are on your list. Send them a note and invite them to join in the fun.
We don’t want to swamp you with too much work, so next time we’ll talk about adding Twitter and Google Plus to the mix.
Affiliate Disclaimer: If you purchase Aweber from us we will get a commission from your purchase. Aweber will not do your business (or you) any good if you don’t use it.Please do NOT purchase it if you can’t afford it.